Many people travel to different locations for different reasons which you are not left out. These travels may include but not limited to land and/or water mode of travel.
Should you decide to use land or water transportations, much preparations for your comfort aren’t relevant as compared to air travel. When traveling with a flight, it demands enough and proper planning makes your trip successful and comfortable.
Successful flight as the name suggests is when you board a flight to your destination without facing any challenge throughout the journey.
I am going to show you 8 top practices that when you do, will make your flight trip hassle-free. Without wasting much time, let’s proceed.
- ID cards – as a requirement, the airline’s staff need your ID card to confirm you are true identity before checking you in. These policies are to ensure that, the wrong person doesn’t use the rightful owner’s ticket.
Over the years, these caused inconveniences at airports. The ID cards may be checked as many times at the airport for security reasons.
Domestically, government-issued photo ID cards are allowed whiles traveling passport and state member cards are accepted for international travel.
- Cheap ticket – irrespective of the class of ticket or seat you bought, you’ll end up at your destination as planned. So, to fly on a low budget ticket, you need to purchase your flight ticket in advance.
Haven said that you need to buy it from an accredited point of sale or directly from the airline’s office. Avoid a third-party unless you know and trust them. For more discounted deals on flight tickets, I advise you to get a good travel agent that will do all to get you a great deal. These travel agents spend more time searching for discounted tickets for their clients. But please, you need to motivate them occasionally because cheap flight deals earn them no profit.
- Reconfirmation – after your ticket purchase for a later date of travel, that isn’t all. Unforeseen circumstances may disrupt your flight. So, the best practice I would recommend is reconfirming from the airline or your travel agent if the flight is actually on schedule. This act can be done a day before the flight or within 24hrs before the flight.
- Respecting check-in times – because the flights are on a timely basis, the airline’s staff start check-in 2hrs and closes 30mins to departure for domestic and 3hrs and closes 45mins for the international flights. In order not to find yourself wanting and begging some heartless airline staff, you need to get to the airport if possible before the check-in status. The check-in comprises a lot of processes especially when there are special passengers like a wheelchair and unaccompanied minors on board. So to save yourself, you need to respect the time. Counting on an airline staff that you may know for check-in is not enough. He/she may one day disappoint you unintentionally.
- Dangerous articles – for the sake of you and other passenger safety, airlines do not allow dangerous goods or articles like pressurized cans, knives, scissors, pins, liquids more than 100ml, 100% alcohol, weapons, etc. on board the flight. Should you need to travel with any of the above-mentioned items, declare them to the airline staff during check-in for proper advice and practice.
- Acceptance of parcels – Accepting parcels to be taken to another person at your destination can sometimes be dangerous. Dangerous in the sense that, you may not know what the parcel contains. Should you wish to accept such parcels, you first of all need to know what it contains. Declare it at the check-in counter for thorough screaming before you attempt going to the security screaming process. The airline’s staff are not interested in the contents but rather the risk and threats it will pose to the safety of the passengers, all ground staff, crew, and the aircraft.
- Punctuality at the boarding gate – the fact that you have checked in successfully, you should leave the airport for other personal stuff. The boarding gate closes 10 – 15mins to departure. So, in the event of this where you are nowhere to be found, the airline staff will have no other choice than to leave you behind. Should that happen, depending on the airline, your money will not be refunded. Some airlines may reschedule you at an additional fee. So to save yourself some money, be punctual always at the boarding gate.
- Adhere to crew instructions – to safely transport you to your designated destination, the flight crew follows a quite number of procedures to accomplish that. In the process, you as a passenger will be asked to do your part. If such instructions are given you need to adhere to it. Obedience is better than sacrifice, however, failure to do so, you may be deboarded if the flight is still on the ground.
So hey, when you observe these practices, you’re going to have the most wonderful flight ever on earth.
The article is available for download. Click here to download for free.
For some of these travel tips, visit blog.philstravel.com. Do not forget to follow us on our social media platforms.