The Ghana Tourism Authority (GTA) has given drinking bars , restaurants and hotels the green light to operate while observing appropriate social distancing and hygiene protocols.
OPERATIONAL GUIDELINES FOR HOSPITALITY SECTOR
The Ghana Tourism Authority under the auspices of the Ministry of Tourism Arts and Culture issues the following guidelines for operators within the tourism and hospitality sector in tandem with President’s directives on business operations and the need to adopt measures to curb the spread of the Coronavirus (COVI-19).
- All hotels can operate as normal and host their guests, subject to the specified elevated hygiene protocols and social distancing.
- Food Chains and Restaurants can operate pick-up, delivery and sit-down services while observing appropriate social distancing and hygiene protocols by ensuring that not more than 25 patrons are admitted to dine at any particular time.
- Sit-down patrons should maintain a distance of at least one (1) metre from each other.
- All night clubs must remain closed
- Drinking bars can operate can operate while observing social distancing and appropriate hygiene protocols
- In all situations, hospitality facilities should ensure compliance of mandatory wearing of masks by all staff and guests with the exception of sit-down guests, whilst dining at food chains and restaurants. Also, staff management, workplace protocols and precautionary measures on public gatherings with the view of achieving social distancing and hygiene protocols as spelt out in Executive Instruments (E.I.) 64 relative to the Imposition of Restrictions ACT 2020 must be adhered to.
ISSUED BY THE GHANA TOURISM AUTHORITY
SIGNED: CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
For More Details: https://visitghana.com/coronavirus-alert/
#StaySafe #CoronavirusUpdate #COVID_19 #Ghana