What are the Best Domestic Airlines in Ghana to choose from?
As we always say, traveling another destination has become very easier than never. One can choose from the various modes of transportation worldwide. In this article, what we will talk about is flight. Flight is the most fastest mode of transportation around the globe. However, choosing an airline and their aircraft types to suit your liking is very important as there are differences that exist between aircrafts.
The differences between these airlines and their aircraft types cannot be far from each other but they are important to be noted for proper travel customization.
Aircrafts are typed into Narrow and Wide body which can further categorized by their engine type. By engine type, we have Propeller and Jet engine.
Jet engine aircrafts has their engine enclosed in cylinder like container and have a sound which is not much heard whilst the turbo prop has a rotary or big fan just in front of the wings.
Now, let’s look at the difference that exists between these aircraft types.
Below are the points to consider when you want to know the Best Domestic Airlines in Ghana to choose from
- Turbo Prop has a big fan in front of the wings which becomes almost invisible when started whilst the Jet engine has the engine build in a cylinder like container.
- The Turbo Prop makes a lot of loud noise when the engines are started. This noise easily penetrates into the cabin which sometimes causes discomfort whilst the jet engine makes a high treble noise and finds it difficult to penetrates into the cabin.
- The air conditioning in most turbo props functions less causing much warm atmosphere in the cabin whilst the jet engine does otherwise.
- The jet engine has a smooth cruising flight duration in the absence of turbulence and obstacles which makes the jet engine aircrafts more preferable but the turbo props shakes by nature and become a bit scary when there is turbulence and clouds.
- Speed wise, the jet engine runs faster than the turbo props. From experience, if it takes 30 minutes for a jet engine to complete a journey, turbo props will take 40 or 45 minutes to do so
- The Turbo Props can cruise at a low altitude which makes it preferable and a good choice in the rainy seasons or foggy periods whilst the jet engine cruises higher.
- The jet engine consumes more fuel which makes the fares for the jet engine aircrafts more expensive than that of the turbo props.
See also: What to do when flying for the first time.
In conclusion, depending on the individual type, some will prefer the jet engine more than the turbo props and vice versa. Personal experience has thought me to fly with turbo props if I want to go adventurous or when we are in the rainy seasons, and fly with jet engine aircrafts when I’m showing signs of nervousness.